4 Tips on Helping Cross-broader Sellers to Write High Conversion Rate Product Descriptions
Reprinted from cifnews
Translated by Tetiana Ohorodnyk
Product descriptions have always been a topic we want to share with you. In sales, product descriptions are as important as the title, because consumers can get more information about the product through it. The quality of the product description will also directly affect the conversion rate of the store. Cross-border sellers should devote their time to form and create an attractive product description. Remember to collect this article, this is is crucial to your business!
Just google the title and product description online, we can find a lot of information, feedback, and precautions, which are worth to be learned and worthy of attention. After all, pictures, titles, products description, and other information optimization is indispensable to improve product rankings, sales, and conversion rate. With a large amount of information, we will focus on how to write a product description through storytelling to fill it with a human touch, so it can leave a deep and interesting impression on consumers.
First, before writing product descriptions, product positioning should be done, and cross-border sellers can use the 5W1H method.
● Who: Who is the target user of the product?
● What: Product characteristics, dimensions, materials, features, and functions.
● Where: Where is the product used, indoor or outdoor, in the car or at home?
● When: When is the product used, is it available all year round or just winter?
● Why: Why do consumers buy this product? Why among other products should buy ours? What is the difference? What added value? and many more.
● How: How to use the product, features of use, showing examples of usage or matching with other items.
With these issues in mind, we can be more aware of our products and target users. When we incorporate the story into the product description, we need to understand the emotions and concepts we want to convey and use this as a benchmark to improve the product description. Let us first look at the importance of telling stories:
There is a proverb in the United States，Tell me a fact and I’ll learn. Tell me the truth and I’ll believe. But tell me a story and it will live in my heart forever. How to understand it? Look at the example below.
Fact: I love you
Truth: Love is beautiful
Story: No matter how beautiful the spring is, you are a million times better.
Fact: Good quality and durable!
Truth: Keep warm and sweat-absorbent
Story: Don't just fill the stomach, treat your feet with delicious hamburger as well!
The same is the product description, the storytelling is not even more impressive! I also want to eat hamburgers on the feet. What kind of socks are they, I have to wear them! How do cross-border sellers learn? Try the following four methods.
Thanks to the good use of this storytelling method, any company can take a leading position - just focus on how consumers use the product. What did people use before you had your existing product?What changes have been made to your products and how they feel after using your products. Therefore, the key to product description display is "change" and "user experience."
Take the socks of Happy Socks as an example. Socks are an essential daily item for everyone, and most people don't attach much importance to them. Sometimes we don't even notice the presence of socks. But Happy Socks made the "fashion" and "senior sense" of the socks. The user did not just wear socks, it became his "lifestyle".
Of course, this is almost always used by every cross-border seller. The product description is not just about the product itself, but more about the “emotion” that it brings. For example, shampoo for dogs. In addition to the characteristics of the shampoo itself, should focus on the dog's use scene, happy expression, contrast before and after use, and so on. Moreover, we can also collect user feedback and put the user experience into the product description to enhance the trust.
Every product we sell is valuable and meaningful and is used to satisfy the needs of users. At this time, we can use the story of the birth of the product. It is especially important to show our concern for our users and our efforts to address pain point.
(1) State the problem. Sprinkle every time you drink coffee.
(2) shows that he is also deeply troubled. The coffee spill ruined me with a table and a large paper that was filled with coffee.
(3) Indicate that you have decided to solve this problem. After ruining my list of particularly important to-do items, I decided to solve this problem.
(4) Demonstrate ways to solve the problem. So I studied a lot of data, spent thousands of days and nights, and finally developed a cup that perfectly solves this problem.
(5) Combine products with their own values. This cup is made for coffee lovers to enjoy coffee time without worrying about coffee spilling!
Regardless of the product slogan or the highlights of the product description, it must be adherent: simple and motivating and easy to spread, just like Nike's Just Do It. You can try this way, of course, you can also launch a topic vote on the social platform, that let the user help you to pick the topic, the better slogan, so you can interact with the user and get a good story.